OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD
The retail package hasn't changed much since the original Vector. Vector 150 adds the 150 to the label and the rest is pretty much the same.
OCZ added a few more paper documents in this release, but other than that, the package is what we call OCZ standard.
Like the package, the drive hasn't changed much on the outside.
The case is the same 7mm z-height that OCZ used on the previous release. It's heavy for an SSD, but you can feel the quality that went into machining the enclosure.
The slim 7mm height allows Vector 150 to install in several new ultrabook models that 9.5mm notebook standard drives do not fit in. The mounting points are the same, so Vector 150 also fits in regular notebooks and desktops with the included desktop adapter bracket.
The SATA power and data ports are where they should be and the drive is offset in the adapter bracket, making cable installation easier when adding more than one drive to a system.
Here is our first shot in the inside of the drive. OCZ uses a thermal pad on the controller.
The layout is similar to the first Vector SSDs, but this time OCZ chose Toshiba Toggle2 flash with a BGA package.
The 240GB drive has 256GB of NAND flash in 16 chips. There are two Micron DRAM packages as well, one on each side.
The Indilinx Barefoot 3 is the same as the previous version.
The DRAM is 1.35v DDR3-1600, 256MB each and OCZ has two in the 240GB Vector 150.
The NAND flash is Toshiba Toggle, 19nm.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vector 150 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.