Overall, Soltek has done a very good job to bring Canterwood to the value market. However, it does have some performance issues compared to other Canterwood motherboards and even some Springdale motherboards. Looking at getting a Springdale motherboard with the extra features is a much wiser option.
While being budget it does give some reasonably good features, but one point that disappointed us was the overclocking. Despite all out efforts, we only got a maximum of 234MHz FSB out of the system. No matter what was changed out, nothing would allow us to pass 234MHz.
In all this motherboard is really only for those of you who want a Canterwood name without a Canterwood Price.
Serial ATA RAID
Parallel ATA RAID
Attractive purple PCB
Slower than most Canterwood and Springdale motherboards
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 3 [Features]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- Corsair adds more premium to Dominator Platinum Special Edition RAM
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series