Overall, Soltek has done a very good job to bring Canterwood to the value market. However, it does have some performance issues compared to other Canterwood motherboards and even some Springdale motherboards. Looking at getting a Springdale motherboard with the extra features is a much wiser option.
While being budget it does give some reasonably good features, but one point that disappointed us was the overclocking. Despite all out efforts, we only got a maximum of 234MHz FSB out of the system. No matter what was changed out, nothing would allow us to pass 234MHz.
In all this motherboard is really only for those of you who want a Canterwood name without a Canterwood Price.
Serial ATA RAID
Parallel ATA RAID
Attractive purple PCB
Slower than most Canterwood and Springdale motherboards
Rating - 7 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 3 [Features]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD