By now, we all know of what's hot and what's not for the Intel Pentium 4 in terms of chipsets. Intel I865PE Springdale is now the hot choice for the enthusiast and budget conscious user with a great deal of pull behind its push. For most of us, Canterwood I875P is just not an option as the price tag of these motherboards can leave a sour taste is most people's mouths.
Soltek is by far one of the most budget orientated motherboard manufacturers available. Competing with companies like ECS and PCChips for the budget market is no real challenge for Soltek, as they are preferred for their budget solutions. Moving into high-end is something that we haven't expected from Soltek, but as of late, Soltek has pushed out many new motherboards with high-end chipsets at value prices.
Today we take a look at Soltek's budget I875P Canterwood motherboard for the Pentium 4 processor. Dubbed the 87CW-EL, it is aimed to get Pentium 4 users who want to save some money, but still have the many strong features of the Canterwood chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 3 [Features]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Soltek SL-87CW-EL - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC's new One X10 teased, a new budget 5.5-inch phone
- Nintendo Switch may use 4GB LPDDR4 1600MHz RAM
- 'Never Go Back' with our 'Jack Reacher' Blu-ray giveaway
- Horizon Zero Dawn: solid 30FPS on the PS4 Pro
- AMD Ryzen explained: motherboards, CPUs, and more
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league