After downloading and installing the software, this is what is presented. The settings tab offers quite a bit out of the gate. Here you can assign any function to the nine keys over the five profiles, as desired. There is also the ability to adjust the double click speed, scroll speed and polling rate. There is even a spot to enable and adjust the pointer acceleration. What this page lacks in my opinion is an easy click spot to swap the assignments from right to left handed use; instead the buttons must be assigned manually.
Under the sensor performance tab, there are two boxes at the top, one for refined mode, and another to enable X and Y axis controls. Below those are the DPI sliders where setting the three individual jumps via the buttons is set. There is also adjustments for pointer speed and LOD, but I find it funny that on all the various pads we have to test on, the best result we could get in the S.Q.A.T. 50% surface recognition.
Color settings allow the control of the pair of LEDs inside of the Avior 8200. To the left there is the option to have them on, off or selective. Below that are effects to choose from such as solid LEDs, blinking, pulsating or breathing. To the right, there is the ability to make the colors shift or the selection of a solid color. There are 20 pre-set choices of color, or with the three boxes under those, there is full control of the RGB scale to enter for other color options.
There is also the ability to program in Macros to the Avior 8200. While this is one of the most simplistic offerings in Macro programmability we have seen, it does allow for time delays and will record if buttons are held as long as the check boxes are checked before the programming starts.
The last tab in the software is where you can not only click into support, but it is easy to see what software is available too. There are four sections with links directly to each consisting of the FAQ section, support, product registration, and the download page for software and firmware, that also states which are currently installed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- Pre-order Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess figures now
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now