Installation and Finished Product
Starting off the installation process, we must first address the back plate. Here all we did was to insert the screws through the plate and installed the rubber caps that hold the heads of the screws in place.
Be mindful of the three holes cut for the socket screws, and slide the back plate through the cooler holes. Between the thick layer of plastic glued to the plate and the thick rubber end caps, there is no chance at all of this plate grounding out against the motherboard.
To get this far, we flipped the motherboard over, installed the four black plastic risers, and then went ahead and attached the Intel top brackets with the use of the four nuts. Now all we need is some paste and the cooler.
While it seems that to mount the Lucifer the cooler is wider than the hardware, and it is. To help make life easier, this is also part of the reasoning behind the removed sections at the front and back, it leaves just enough room to get an average screwdriver in there to secure the cooler to the hardware.
The tops of the memory were removed for a more natural looking installation. The fact is that the fan can go up a bit more, but then the overall height is increased.
Spinning the motherboard a bit to get a closer look, not only does the fan give a height restriction, it also covers two of the slots. If you plan to run the Lucifer passively, you can use as tall of heat spreaders in all four slots as desired.
The fin body is centered over the CPU pretty well, and does allow for a bit of room behind the cooler. While it does make access to the 8-pin tough when inside of some chassis designs, there is plenty of room for that second fan.
Getting the motherboard mounted into even this large open air chassis brought another issue to mind. Since the cooler is so large, it does make accessing two of the motherboard screws rather tough. Other than that, I have no complaints with installing the Lucifer.
As we always try to do, here is one last glamour shot of the GamerStorm Lucifer so you can take the design in and recall all we discussed as we move into the testing phase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [GamerStorm Lucifer CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- I want one: AMD Ryzen CPU review kit looks AMAZING
- NVIDIA to reveal GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on February 28
- AMD Radeon Vega details coming on February 28
- NASA finds 7 Earth-sized planets that could sustain life
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood