Installation and Finished Product
Starting off the installation process, we must first address the back plate. Here all we did was to insert the screws through the plate and installed the rubber caps that hold the heads of the screws in place.
Be mindful of the three holes cut for the socket screws, and slide the back plate through the cooler holes. Between the thick layer of plastic glued to the plate and the thick rubber end caps, there is no chance at all of this plate grounding out against the motherboard.
To get this far, we flipped the motherboard over, installed the four black plastic risers, and then went ahead and attached the Intel top brackets with the use of the four nuts. Now all we need is some paste and the cooler.
While it seems that to mount the Lucifer the cooler is wider than the hardware, and it is. To help make life easier, this is also part of the reasoning behind the removed sections at the front and back, it leaves just enough room to get an average screwdriver in there to secure the cooler to the hardware.
The tops of the memory were removed for a more natural looking installation. The fact is that the fan can go up a bit more, but then the overall height is increased.
Spinning the motherboard a bit to get a closer look, not only does the fan give a height restriction, it also covers two of the slots. If you plan to run the Lucifer passively, you can use as tall of heat spreaders in all four slots as desired.
The fin body is centered over the CPU pretty well, and does allow for a bit of room behind the cooler. While it does make access to the 8-pin tough when inside of some chassis designs, there is plenty of room for that second fan.
Getting the motherboard mounted into even this large open air chassis brought another issue to mind. Since the cooler is so large, it does make accessing two of the motherboard screws rather tough. Other than that, I have no complaints with installing the Lucifer.
As we always try to do, here is one last glamour shot of the GamerStorm Lucifer so you can take the design in and recall all we discussed as we move into the testing phase.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [GamerStorm Lucifer CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Experience 2016: watch here live
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset