Inside of the Volos
After bypassing some tricks the engineers used to keep users from tearing apart the Volos, we now have it broken down into its four major components. If there is any need for voiding the warranty, be careful when you remove the top, there is a very short ribbon cable running to the left side section.
The left side of the Volos offers a smaller PCB with four thin metal pad switches to back the four console buttons near the front. As for the A and B buttons, they hit switches in the bottom section of this tear down.
The top section holds the DPI selection buttons in the plastic subsection, and again presses switches on the lower section of the Volos. There are also two steel weights that are more permanent, and are close to 30 grams of total weight.
At the front of the lower section, on the left side, the first thing seen is the Omron D2FC-F-7N switches that offer five million clicks worth of a lifetime. There is also a large LED in front of it that backlights the white circle on the left click button.
Without pulling these switches to look for any lettering or identifying marks, it is rather tough to search for them by a logo on the switch cover. These do come in a slimmer design than the ZHIJ switches, but have a similar feel and activation pressure.
The PCB on the top tier behind the scroll wheel offers room for the ZHIJ switches that back the DPI selector buttons, as well as the profile button to the left that is out of focus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TT eSPORTS Volos Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Volos]
- Page 7 [Inside the Volos Continued]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Nexus, Android One phones updated with spam caller protection
- Run Windows natively on Mac and Linux without the hassle
- American Crime Story will stream exclusively on Netflix
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio