Inside of the Volos
After bypassing some tricks the engineers used to keep users from tearing apart the Volos, we now have it broken down into its four major components. If there is any need for voiding the warranty, be careful when you remove the top, there is a very short ribbon cable running to the left side section.
The left side of the Volos offers a smaller PCB with four thin metal pad switches to back the four console buttons near the front. As for the A and B buttons, they hit switches in the bottom section of this tear down.
The top section holds the DPI selection buttons in the plastic subsection, and again presses switches on the lower section of the Volos. There are also two steel weights that are more permanent, and are close to 30 grams of total weight.
At the front of the lower section, on the left side, the first thing seen is the Omron D2FC-F-7N switches that offer five million clicks worth of a lifetime. There is also a large LED in front of it that backlights the white circle on the left click button.
Without pulling these switches to look for any lettering or identifying marks, it is rather tough to search for them by a logo on the switch cover. These do come in a slimmer design than the ZHIJ switches, but have a similar feel and activation pressure.
The PCB on the top tier behind the scroll wheel offers room for the ZHIJ switches that back the DPI selector buttons, as well as the profile button to the left that is out of focus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TT eSPORTS Volos Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Volos]
- Page 7 [Inside the Volos Continued]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Model S P100D runs 0-100 in 2.3 sec with latest update
- Did Obsidian just tease Fallout: New Orleans?
- Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4, priced at $150
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup