Inside of the Volos
After bypassing some tricks the engineers used to keep users from tearing apart the Volos, we now have it broken down into its four major components. If there is any need for voiding the warranty, be careful when you remove the top, there is a very short ribbon cable running to the left side section.
The left side of the Volos offers a smaller PCB with four thin metal pad switches to back the four console buttons near the front. As for the A and B buttons, they hit switches in the bottom section of this tear down.
The top section holds the DPI selection buttons in the plastic subsection, and again presses switches on the lower section of the Volos. There are also two steel weights that are more permanent, and are close to 30 grams of total weight.
At the front of the lower section, on the left side, the first thing seen is the Omron D2FC-F-7N switches that offer five million clicks worth of a lifetime. There is also a large LED in front of it that backlights the white circle on the left click button.
Without pulling these switches to look for any lettering or identifying marks, it is rather tough to search for them by a logo on the switch cover. These do come in a slimmer design than the ZHIJ switches, but have a similar feel and activation pressure.
The PCB on the top tier behind the scroll wheel offers room for the ZHIJ switches that back the DPI selector buttons, as well as the profile button to the left that is out of focus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TT eSPORTS Volos Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Inside of the Volos]
- Page 7 [Inside the Volos Continued]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The9 pays $500 million for five-year Chinese exclusive on Cross Fire 2
- The first screenshots from the System Shock remake arrive
- AMD's new Zen APUs to deliver Xbox One/PS4 level performance in 2017
- The first gameplay footage from Far Cry Primal has arrived
- Batman: Arkham Knight PC update reduces framerate hitching
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS