Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 "C" 2.4GHz (800MHz FSB with HT enabled)
Motherboard(s): FIC P4M-RS300 and DFI LANPARTY Springdale
Memory(s): 2x Mushkin 256MB PC4000 in Dual Channel mode (Supplied by Mushkin)
Video Card(s): GeCube Radeon 9800 XT 256MB and GeCube Radeon 9200 SE 128MB (Supplied by Kingmax Australia)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 7,200 RPM 80GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1
Drivers Used: ATI Catalyst 3.9 (Overdrive automatic overclocking disabled)
We decided to use a slower clocked Pentium 4 processor at 2.4GHz since the two motherboards we used for testing are mainstream products and not high-end so the chances are you will have a processor clocked around this speed rather than higher. We used the slower PATA HDD over SATA since the FIC motherboard does not include SATA support.
All of the latest chipset drivers from Intel and ATI were used as found on their support websites. Memory timings were set exactly the same on both motherboards - 2.5-8-3-3. AGP aperture was set to 128MB for every test and Fast Writes was enabled for every test with Vertical Sync disabled for every test. Apart from disabling Overdrive and Vertical Sync within the ATI Control Panel, everything else was left at default settings and no part of the system was overclocked.
As far as the onboard video settings go - it was allocated 128MB of the system memory in the BIOS and nothing else was changed. Keep in mind that in all onboard video tests that the total system memory is only 384MB apposed to 512MB for the two other products.
Now we've taken a look at the test system setup, let's move onto the benchmarks!
SiSoft Sandra 2004
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
In our first benchmark of the day we see the Intel 865PE based on the DFI LANPARTY motherboard take the lead by a small margin.
The gap widens in this benchmark for the 865PE taking a fairly demanding leading in the memory bandwidth department.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 3 [Features]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001SE]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4, Jedi Knight II and Aquamark 3]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Radeon 9100 IGP - Page 12 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Early Access games dominate Steam game sales in 2015
- Report: Mega Man movie gets greenlit by Fox
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015