Inside the Graphite Series 230T
After removing the panels by removing the screw in the back and sliding them forward, full access to the interior is granted. For transportation, the wiring is tended to and run through the management holes, and the hardware is found in the HDD rack, to keep both of them from tumbling free inside the chassis and possibly scratching the paint or the side window.
The trio of 5.25" bays have tool-free mechanisms on this side of the bays. To operate them, you slide the drive in, and you have to lift the tab to get the pins out of the way. Once the drive is past the pins, release the tab and wait for the satisfying click as they loch the ODD into place.
At the bottom of the front of this chassis, you will find ample space for the top 120mm fan to blow directly into the chassis. Below that is the removable HDD cage that supports four 2.5" drives and four 3.5" drives in the lower section, and all of them work without the need for screws.
Inside of the roof of the chassis, there is in fact ample room for a pair of fans, but not enough for any sort of radiator, unless you plan to somehow deal with the lack of space above the motherboard standoffs for a thin radiator and fans both to fit inside.
The motherboard tray is inset from the rest of the frame, is ready to have an ATX motherboard installed after removing that extra standoff in the Micro-ATX location. There are also three large wire management holes and a really big CPU cooler access hole.
The floor of the 230T offers raised sections of metal to support the PSU, and if cabling allows for it, one could install an optional fan here too. There is also a large oval hole at the bottom of the motherboard tray to allow all the PSU wiring to easily get behind the tray.
Inside the rear of the chassis there is a plain black 120mm fan installed. Also, the seven ventilates expansion slot covers use thumbscrews. This keeps things simple and speedy when adding or removing cards.
Behind the motherboard tray there is 25mm of space at minimum where the bulk of the tray is. As you move into the lower channel and off to the left, there is 30mm of room to allow for wiring to run more freely there. Seven tie points is a bit on the low side, but at least they are positioned well.
The wiring is all black to allow it to virtually disappear into the build, and they contain the native USB 3.0 connection, the HD Audio connection, and the four header wires for the LEDs and switches. What you don't see is that all three of the 120mm fans have 3-pin connection you need to supply with power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis