The general layout of the GA-6LXSV is nice and clean, which allows for easy access to jumpers and ports. DIMM slot placement is also orientated to allow good air flow and to help keep memory nice and cool for small cases and 1U server cases.
The CPU socket area is also nice and clean, which helps with air flow and the use of many different air coolers that are on the market that can be used depending on case requirements. The power circuits are located behind the heat sink area, which might block air flow, but we did not find this a problem in our tests, as they ran fairly cool so this is not really an issue.
The back panel I/O connectors have plenty of network connectors and USB ports to allow for good expansion options. The network connector on the far right is for the Aspeed AST2300 Baseboard management controller.
On the front of the motherboard, we see the SATA port locations. The black SATA ports are 3GBs, while the white SATA ports are 6GBs. We also see four system fan controller connections and to the left of these a USB 3.0 header. To the right of the SATA ports, we find the TPM (trusted platform module connector).
A top down view of this area also shows two more white SATA 6GBs ports on the left and a USB 2.0 Type A connector just below them. At the top left of this picture, we find a USB 2.0 header. The Intel C224 chipset is located at the center of the photo with an aluminum heat sink to keep it cool.
At the back of the motherboard we find the Aspeed AST2300 Baseboard management controller and it also supplies 2D video graphics for onboard video support.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [System Benchmarks]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shots fired: GameStop CEO says 'Wii U was disappointing to everybody'
- AMD releases new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 beta drivers
- Battlefield 1's African American lead is a WW1 Harlem Hellfighter
- Dishonored 2: Everything you need to know
- Windows 7 update breaks PCs with ASUS motherboards
- 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones Review
- Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat