TRENDnet Management and Web GUI
After logging into the switches management interface, we arrived at the landing page, here TRENDnet offers a quick overview of what protocols the switch supports, among other features. Another thing of note is the layout of the switch and its ports is made available in the banner space of the Web GUI. This serves as an indicator of which ports are active and the accompanying link speed.
Diving into the management GUI, we first stopped at the system information menu. Here you can set the device name, along with contact information and location.
Our next stop was the SNMP menu. SNMP allows you to manage and track the activity of your network devices remotely.
Within the port manager menu, the option to set the MTU of each port is available. Additionally, you can disable ports.
Port control allows you set the rate of each port, by default all ports are set to Auto-MDIX.
VLAN allows you to separate your network devices or run separate networks within one switch. The TRENDnet TL2-G244 supports 256 VLANs.
The port channel menu allows you to setup load balancing and link aggregation.
Above, we have aggregated ports five through eight.
802.1x is port based or switch based security. When setup, this eliminates outsiders from entering your business and plugging in to your network and gaining access to everything stored on the network.
QoS allows you to limit the bandwidth of each port individually.
The statistics menu carries quite a few sub-menus and allows you to check in on your switch and its settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20