TRENDnet Management and Web GUI
After logging into the switches management interface, we arrived at the landing page, here TRENDnet offers a quick overview of what protocols the switch supports, among other features. Another thing of note is the layout of the switch and its ports is made available in the banner space of the Web GUI. This serves as an indicator of which ports are active and the accompanying link speed.
Diving into the management GUI, we first stopped at the system information menu. Here you can set the device name, along with contact information and location.
Our next stop was the SNMP menu. SNMP allows you to manage and track the activity of your network devices remotely.
Within the port manager menu, the option to set the MTU of each port is available. Additionally, you can disable ports.
Port control allows you set the rate of each port, by default all ports are set to Auto-MDIX.
VLAN allows you to separate your network devices or run separate networks within one switch. The TRENDnet TL2-G244 supports 256 VLANs.
The port channel menu allows you to setup load balancing and link aggregation.
Above, we have aggregated ports five through eight.
802.1x is port based or switch based security. When setup, this eliminates outsiders from entering your business and plugging in to your network and gaining access to everything stored on the network.
QoS allows you to limit the bandwidth of each port individually.
The statistics menu carries quite a few sub-menus and allows you to check in on your switch and its settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset