TRENDnet Management and Web GUI
After logging into the switches management interface, we arrived at the landing page, here TRENDnet offers a quick overview of what protocols the switch supports, among other features. Another thing of note is the layout of the switch and its ports is made available in the banner space of the Web GUI. This serves as an indicator of which ports are active and the accompanying link speed.
Diving into the management GUI, we first stopped at the system information menu. Here you can set the device name, along with contact information and location.
Our next stop was the SNMP menu. SNMP allows you to manage and track the activity of your network devices remotely.
Within the port manager menu, the option to set the MTU of each port is available. Additionally, you can disable ports.
Port control allows you set the rate of each port, by default all ports are set to Auto-MDIX.
VLAN allows you to separate your network devices or run separate networks within one switch. The TRENDnet TL2-G244 supports 256 VLANs.
The port channel menu allows you to setup load balancing and link aggregation.
Above, we have aggregated ports five through eight.
802.1x is port based or switch based security. When setup, this eliminates outsiders from entering your business and plugging in to your network and gaining access to everything stored on the network.
QoS allows you to limit the bandwidth of each port individually.
The statistics menu carries quite a few sub-menus and allows you to check in on your switch and its settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 gets 12 maps when it launches
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives