This isn't the first time we've seen the IceQ X2 cooler and due to the fact that it takes up majority of the PCB, most HIS cards that use it do look very similar. You can of course see the two fans and behind that we've got a massive heatsink that covers almost the entire card. Looking closer, though, you can see the massive copper plate that sits over the top of the GPU and a number of heat pipes coming out the bottom and making their way to the top of the card.
Taking a quick look around the card, you can see that power comes in the form of just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector sitting at the very back. Moving to the top of the card and all the way to the front, you can see a single CrossFire connector that allows you to run a pair of these cards together. This is something we really want to look at a little later as it would be interesting to see how this $280 CrossFire setup performs.
Finishing up our look at the card, we head over to the I/O. Here you can see two Dual-Link DVI connectors - one in the form of a DVI-D and the other in the form of a DVI-I. Alongside these, we've got the two normal connectors you'd expect to see, HDMI and DisplayPort.
As we mentioned in the introduction, the HIS R7 260X 2GB IceQ X2 comes out of the box with the same clocks as the reference card. Looking below, you can see that means the core comes in at 1100MHz, while the 2GB of GDDR5 carries with it a clock speed of 6500MHz QDR. Because we've already tested the reference card at the reference clocks, we figured that we would just see what happens when we overclock the model.
Firing up Afterburner we had hoped to adjust the voltage of the core, but we quickly discovered this option wasn't available. At the moment we're not sure if this is a feature that's coming with a later version of Afterburner or if core voltage adjustment just isn't an option on the model period.
For now, though, we simply increased the clock speeds without the help of any extra voltage. Looking above, you can see in the end we managed to get another 125MHz on the core, bringing it up to 1225MHz. As for the memory, we also managed to give that a bump and that now comes in at an even 7000MHz QDR.
It will be interesting to see what kind of performance increase this gives us when compared to the reference clocked card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance