8K Random Read/Write
The 8K random precondition phase reaffirms the massive increase in write performance from utilizing extra OP (80% LBA).
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. Several workloads rely heavily upon 8K performance and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the X210 weighs in at 29,241 IOPS at 100% LBA, and with extra OP (80% LBA) we note an increase to 41,826 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of X210 jumps from 2,224 IOPS at QD256 to 9,290 IOPS.
The X210 exhibits the same increase in mixed 8K workloads that we witnessed with a 4K workload. The increased variability is hardly a concern when dealing with such a large increase in performance.
Power consumption for the X210 averages 2.68 Watts with 100% LBA during the measurement window. The X210 actually pulls less power with extra overprovisioning, averaging only 2.54 Watts.
100% LBA averages 829 IOPS per Watt, and experiences an improvement up to 3,675 IOPS per Watt with extra OP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [SanDisk X210 Architecture]
- Page 3 [SanDisk 256GB X210 Internals]
- Page 4 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 5 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 8 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis