Fractal Design ARC XL Full-Tower Chassis
The front of the ARC XL is completely plastic, but even so, they have added what looks like a brushed aluminum texturing to it to spice things up a bit. In this bezel, there are four removable bay covers, and the large mesh area at the bottom with the Fractal Design naming on it.
The mesh panel has two clips to release at the top, the mesh will then flop out, and you can lift it from the two tabs at the bottom holding it into the bezel. This allows access to clean the front filter as well as changing or adding fans to the front of this chassis.
The front I/O panel is house at the top and stays in place when the front bezel is removed. Offered here is the fan controller, audio jacks, power button, tiny reset button, and USB connectivity at the right.
The remainder of the top of this chassis is taken up with a plastic framed top that has way more mesh that it does plastic. This panel is removable to gain access to mounting fans or radiators under it.
The left side offers a flat steel door with a very large window. I like that they kept the irregular shape to match the other ARC cases, and it is also slightly tinted.
At the top, there is a pair of screws to remove the top, and just below it the passive cooling mesh gets an added line to it from the Midi and Mini. There is then the rear I/O and room for a 120mm or 140mm fan, nine expansion slots, and a bottom mounted PSU with a dust filter.
The right side of the chassis just offers a large flat steel panel to close things off, and since you will want to look in through the window, it is likely this will face a wall anyways.
Under the ARC XL, there are large front feet, but to make room for the large dust filter under the PSU and optional fan location, the ones at the rear of the chassis had to be much smaller. The ARC XL still has a solid grasp on things, and even with smaller feet it is very stable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards