Benchmarks - Black Magic Design DST and Xbench
Within Mac OS X 10.8.5, we used a 5GB file size with Black Magic Design DST. Again these results are via the BeyondRAID single drive redundancy volume. Here you can see we touched 303 MB/s read and 234 MB/s write in our testing.
At the time of testing, I did not have in house an mSATA SSD for testing. However in the coming weeks I will be testing the SSD cache function of the Drobo 5D via the mSATA slot on the bottom of the unit.
For those that are interested in the results, I will freely post them in a TweakTown forum thread for this article.
Xbench offered us another glimpse into the Drobo 5D with the unit coming in at 312 MB/s in 4K sequential write. Larger block sizes such as 256K offered up 151 MB/s.
In random read and write, the Drobo was capable of 157 MB/s and 41.9 MB/s, respectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance