Packaging and the Drobo 5D
The Drobo 5D comes in a rather attractive package, but at the same time it's simple and sleek. The front of the box shows the Drobo itself with logos adorning the exterior.
The backside of the box highlights many of the features of the Drobo.
Upon opening the packaging, we were greeted by the accessories box.
The Drobo 5D comes with a full host of accessories, some of the included good are the Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 cables, the power brick and reading materials.
The power supply is made by FSP with an output of 12v @ 12.5 amps.
Pulling the Drobo out of the box, the experience and excitement grew seeing the 5D packaged further into a nice carrying bag.
The front of the Drobo stealth's the drive bays behind, along the bottom you will find a series of LEDs.
The backside of the Drobo 5D houses a massive 120mm cooling fan, below this we find the dual Thunderbolt ports, USB 3.0 port and power and switch.
On the backside of the front bay door, the fine folks over at Drobo have included a layout or legend in regards to the drive bay LEDs.
Internally, the Drobo houses a custom motherboard. In the center of all of this is the CPU Marvell Armada that operates at 1.6GHz. Towards the top is the DOM that houses OS firmware and to the bottom the Thunderbolt PCB is on a daughterboard. Having the Thunderbolt I/O on a separate daughterboard should allow Drobo to upgrade to and release a Thunderbolt 2 spec sooner.
The Drobo 5D supports a single mSATA SSD on the bottom of the PCB. This is also accessible from the bottom of the enclosure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20