Inside the Raven 4 B-W
Usually when removing a door panel, there is a basic layout to discuss, but with the RV04, there is a lot going on. Go ahead and absorb it for a minute, but I will try to cover it all in fine detail.
Behind the front I/O panel there is the pair of 5.25" bays. Since the side of this is closed off, SilverStone made the front covers removable from the outside, but there is room to get in here from the top as well.
Below the optical bays, there is a fan duct system in place to help more efficiently cool the video cards and it also offers wire management trails in it. Then just below that is a rack that will accept five 3.5" drives, and it is removable.
The motherboard tray is also removable, offers plenty of wire managing holes along with a large CPU cooler cutout. There are a few wire tie points, and the tray is marked with a scale across the middle and points to where each motherboard form factor will go to at the bottom.
On the floor is a pair of hot-swappable 3.5" bays. They use a tab to hold the drive in, as it just rests on the slide rails inside of the rack. The right one of these has a CPU cooler rest mounted to it that should be used with heavy CPU air coolers.
Since the frame of the chassis is so deep on the sides, SilverStone has drilled holes in it to allow a screwdriver through to get to the screws holding in the ventilated expansion slot covers. I do like the ventilated area next to the slots for passive cooling, but I do wish a fan had been included here.
Behind the motherboard tray, there is 10mm of room at minimum, but still plenty to get the wiring tended to. Along with the holes in the tray, there is a long slot at the right and at the bottom to also pass wires through giving users a lot of options.
As for the wiring, it may be shorter than what we typically see, but they are long enough for this layout. There is the Native USB 3.0 connection, and HD Audio Connection, then you also have the power, reset, HDD Activity and power LED leads too, and all of them are black or sleeved black.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair