Inside the Raven 4 B-W
Usually when removing a door panel, there is a basic layout to discuss, but with the RV04, there is a lot going on. Go ahead and absorb it for a minute, but I will try to cover it all in fine detail.
Behind the front I/O panel there is the pair of 5.25" bays. Since the side of this is closed off, SilverStone made the front covers removable from the outside, but there is room to get in here from the top as well.
Below the optical bays, there is a fan duct system in place to help more efficiently cool the video cards and it also offers wire management trails in it. Then just below that is a rack that will accept five 3.5" drives, and it is removable.
The motherboard tray is also removable, offers plenty of wire managing holes along with a large CPU cooler cutout. There are a few wire tie points, and the tray is marked with a scale across the middle and points to where each motherboard form factor will go to at the bottom.
On the floor is a pair of hot-swappable 3.5" bays. They use a tab to hold the drive in, as it just rests on the slide rails inside of the rack. The right one of these has a CPU cooler rest mounted to it that should be used with heavy CPU air coolers.
Since the frame of the chassis is so deep on the sides, SilverStone has drilled holes in it to allow a screwdriver through to get to the screws holding in the ventilated expansion slot covers. I do like the ventilated area next to the slots for passive cooling, but I do wish a fan had been included here.
Behind the motherboard tray, there is 10mm of room at minimum, but still plenty to get the wiring tended to. Along with the holes in the tray, there is a long slot at the right and at the bottom to also pass wires through giving users a lot of options.
As for the wiring, it may be shorter than what we typically see, but they are long enough for this layout. There is the Native USB 3.0 connection, and HD Audio Connection, then you also have the power, reset, HDD Activity and power LED leads too, and all of them are black or sleeved black.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Quest Builders FREE demo now available for users
- Black Ops 3 mod tools enter open beta
- Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars
- Wasteland 3 announced, features co-op play
- Pay any price for this 12-course Microsoft Office bundle
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now