NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The Control Center is the base of the finder application offered by ASUSTOR. Within this lightweight application, you can initialize and setup your NAS appliance for initial use.
To initialize the NAS, we tossed a couple WD Red NAS drives in and began the setup.
The NAS will go through several steps on its own, including downloading the latest version of ADM.
After ADM is downloaded and installed, you can choose between one click setup and the custom option.
During the setup procedure, you have the option of setting your RAID array to your liking. By default, the NAS selects single disk mode, but you have the options of RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD.
After the setup is complete, you can enter the ADM web manager. Here you can see it has a desktop feel similar to what a lot of other NAS manufacturers are doing.
One of the leading features of the 202TE is the many apps that ASUSTOR now offers with their NAS appliance - here are just a few of the ASUSTOR developed applications. In addition to the ASUSTOR apps, there is a large and growing third-party development community surrounding ASUSTOR.
From the services menu, you have access to CIFS, AFP, NFS and FTP servers to name a few. Additionally, there is the MySQL server for databases and Rsync to keep your appliances synchronized across the network.
The settings menu allows you to change the system port and furthermore the network options. Moving down the menu, you will find the ADM defender, which is ASUSTOR's in-house security solution for their appliances.
The Storage manager allows you to create, remove and even migrate your RAID arrays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4