NAS products are equal parts hardware performance and software features. One compliments the other in a balanced product. You need more hardware performance to run more software features at the same time.
The Control Center is the base of the finder application offered by ASUSTOR. Within this lightweight application, you can initialize and setup your NAS appliance for initial use.
To initialize the NAS, we tossed a couple WD Red NAS drives in and began the setup.
The NAS will go through several steps on its own, including downloading the latest version of ADM.
After ADM is downloaded and installed, you can choose between one click setup and the custom option.
During the setup procedure, you have the option of setting your RAID array to your liking. By default, the NAS selects single disk mode, but you have the options of RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD.
After the setup is complete, you can enter the ADM web manager. Here you can see it has a desktop feel similar to what a lot of other NAS manufacturers are doing.
One of the leading features of the 202TE is the many apps that ASUSTOR now offers with their NAS appliance - here are just a few of the ASUSTOR developed applications. In addition to the ASUSTOR apps, there is a large and growing third-party development community surrounding ASUSTOR.
From the services menu, you have access to CIFS, AFP, NFS and FTP servers to name a few. Additionally, there is the MySQL server for databases and Rsync to keep your appliances synchronized across the network.
The settings menu allows you to change the system port and furthermore the network options. Moving down the menu, you will find the ADM defender, which is ASUSTOR's in-house security solution for their appliances.
The Storage manager allows you to create, remove and even migrate your RAID arrays.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact