Here we get our first look at the iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS. The front face is all aluminum with black anodized doors and silver accents from the machining process.
Each of the three doors lock and each also has a LED to show drive activity. Another LED shows the system power status.
The specs sheet shows compatibility with SAS drives, but the connectors are missing the pins for wide port.
iStarUSA machined a recess for computer cases that have tabs between 5.25" drive slots.
The BPN-DE230SS shipped with an 80mm fan that keeps the HDDs cool.
Here we see the connectors for power and data. There are two SATA power connectors and three SATA/SAS data connectors. Two switches control the fan speed (low or high) and the front HDD LEDs.
The accessory package includes a paper manual, keys for the locking doors and three SATA cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specification, Availability and Pricing & Packaging]
- Page 2 [iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining