Here we get our first look at the iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS. The front face is all aluminum with black anodized doors and silver accents from the machining process.
Each of the three doors lock and each also has a LED to show drive activity. Another LED shows the system power status.
The specs sheet shows compatibility with SAS drives, but the connectors are missing the pins for wide port.
iStarUSA machined a recess for computer cases that have tabs between 5.25" drive slots.
The BPN-DE230SS shipped with an 80mm fan that keeps the HDDs cool.
Here we see the connectors for power and data. There are two SATA power connectors and three SATA/SAS data connectors. Two switches control the fan speed (low or high) and the front HDD LEDs.
The accessory package includes a paper manual, keys for the locking doors and three SATA cables.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specification, Availability and Pricing & Packaging]
- Page 2 [iStarUSA BPN-DE230SS]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family