Since the original AMD Athlon was released last year I've always wanted one... PC INDEX Australia must have heard me calling because they have supplied us with a AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz SLOT A CPU, FIC SD11 motherboard, Free Speed Pro GFD and a big whooping air cooler for some reviewage here @ TT. Our test unit FIC SD11 motherboard didn't at all justify the power and performance of the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird". This is simply due to the FIC SD11 having a lowly AMD 751 "Irongate" chipset with only AGP 1x support with GeForce cards (AGP 2x unstable). FIC isn't to blame for this (well not directly anyway) it's the Northbridge chipset which is causing all the problems. It seems also that this Irongate chipset doesn't support Sound Blaster Vibra ISA cards, since we're not reviewing the FIC SD11 motherboard we'll carry on with the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz review, which you came to read...
Batch and Manufacturing Dates
Each AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" is equipped with the following set of batch and manufacturing dates... Below is a picture and what they stand for:
AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
A0= Athlon Other
700M= Speed of the CPU (in this case 700MHz)
PR24= cache system
B= CPU revision (A is socket A, B is slot A
The numbers at the bottom are manufacturing and batch dates.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform