Since the original AMD Athlon was released last year I've always wanted one... PC INDEX Australia must have heard me calling because they have supplied us with a AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz SLOT A CPU, FIC SD11 motherboard, Free Speed Pro GFD and a big whooping air cooler for some reviewage here @ TT. Our test unit FIC SD11 motherboard didn't at all justify the power and performance of the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird". This is simply due to the FIC SD11 having a lowly AMD 751 "Irongate" chipset with only AGP 1x support with GeForce cards (AGP 2x unstable). FIC isn't to blame for this (well not directly anyway) it's the Northbridge chipset which is causing all the problems. It seems also that this Irongate chipset doesn't support Sound Blaster Vibra ISA cards, since we're not reviewing the FIC SD11 motherboard we'll carry on with the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz review, which you came to read...
Batch and Manufacturing Dates
Each AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" is equipped with the following set of batch and manufacturing dates... Below is a picture and what they stand for:
AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
A0= Athlon Other
700M= Speed of the CPU (in this case 700MHz)
PR24= cache system
B= CPU revision (A is socket A, B is slot A
The numbers at the bottom are manufacturing and batch dates.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- New leak confirms Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 design
- SAPPHIRE announces 'Mining Edition' Radeon RX cards
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller