Since the original AMD Athlon was released last year I've always wanted one... PC INDEX Australia must have heard me calling because they have supplied us with a AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz SLOT A CPU, FIC SD11 motherboard, Free Speed Pro GFD and a big whooping air cooler for some reviewage here @ TT. Our test unit FIC SD11 motherboard didn't at all justify the power and performance of the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird". This is simply due to the FIC SD11 having a lowly AMD 751 "Irongate" chipset with only AGP 1x support with GeForce cards (AGP 2x unstable). FIC isn't to blame for this (well not directly anyway) it's the Northbridge chipset which is causing all the problems. It seems also that this Irongate chipset doesn't support Sound Blaster Vibra ISA cards, since we're not reviewing the FIC SD11 motherboard we'll carry on with the AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" 700MHz review, which you came to read...
Batch and Manufacturing Dates
Each AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" is equipped with the following set of batch and manufacturing dates... Below is a picture and what they stand for:
AMD= Advanced Micro Devices
A0= Athlon Other
700M= Speed of the CPU (in this case 700MHz)
PR24= cache system
B= CPU revision (A is socket A, B is slot A
The numbers at the bottom are manufacturing and batch dates.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99