Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The heart of the Thecus N4510U is an Intel Atom dual-core processor running at 1.86GHz. We've seen the Atom D2550 used in a number of entry-level NAS products and it's a solid processor for NAS duty. Thecus includes 2GB of DDR3 in the NAS, double the industry standard for entry-level products.
The N4510U has four drive bays, each with a locking drive sled. The primary way to pump data to the NAS is through the two gigabit Ethernet port, but the unit also has six USB ports - two are USB 3.0 and one the front of the N4510U. The NAS also have a few multimedia functions, one VGA output, one HDMI output, a line output for audio and line level and mic level audio inputs.
As mentioned, all Thecus rackmount NAS products ship with rails for mounting the NAS in a rack. That adds to the value of the N4510U and that leads us to price and overall value of the unit.
Google Shopping reported two e-tails with the unit in stock for $561. That makes the N4510U one of the best priced rackmount NAS products on the market today. Backing up the value is Thecus' two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20