Accessories and Documentation
As part of the hardware, I took out this foam padded, plastic protected, steel back plate and the very small amount of thermal paste that BeQuiet offers. I did run into an issue with this back plate, but I will point that out in the installation section later in the review.
Here we have the AMD legs that mount to the base of the cooler with four screws. There is a wrench provided to hold onto the nuts that secure the cooler in place. This leaves us with the larger set of Intel mounting legs on the right side.
In this group of hardware, you are given the four countersunk screws to mount the legs to the base of the cooler, and the longer screws to the right are used through the back plate. The four large nuts in the bottom row are used to secure the cooler, and are what the wrench is for. In the middle, you have the four LGA2011 screws above C-clip spacers that also hold the back plate screws via the groove cut into the screw shanks.
The last four nut and screw combination pieces install over the screws from the back plate to secure the hardware, but the large nuts secure on top of the mounting legs and these screws to secure to cooler to the hardware.
The manual is straight forward and to the point with not much messing around. At the top they cover this cooler and how it fits on the various sockets via exploded diagrams. At the bottom of this page they then go into all of the Intel mounting sans the LGA2011 socket.
While the other installations for AMD and LGA2011 are all covered too, I also found this parts list in the manual so that you can verify you have everything you need to install the Shadow Rock 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design