Accessories and Documentation
As part of the hardware, I took out this foam padded, plastic protected, steel back plate and the very small amount of thermal paste that BeQuiet offers. I did run into an issue with this back plate, but I will point that out in the installation section later in the review.
Here we have the AMD legs that mount to the base of the cooler with four screws. There is a wrench provided to hold onto the nuts that secure the cooler in place. This leaves us with the larger set of Intel mounting legs on the right side.
In this group of hardware, you are given the four countersunk screws to mount the legs to the base of the cooler, and the longer screws to the right are used through the back plate. The four large nuts in the bottom row are used to secure the cooler, and are what the wrench is for. In the middle, you have the four LGA2011 screws above C-clip spacers that also hold the back plate screws via the groove cut into the screw shanks.
The last four nut and screw combination pieces install over the screws from the back plate to secure the hardware, but the large nuts secure on top of the mounting legs and these screws to secure to cooler to the hardware.
The manual is straight forward and to the point with not much messing around. At the top they cover this cooler and how it fits on the various sockets via exploded diagrams. At the bottom of this page they then go into all of the Intel mounting sans the LGA2011 socket.
While the other installations for AMD and LGA2011 are all covered too, I also found this parts list in the manual so that you can verify you have everything you need to install the Shadow Rock 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- Microsoft's new 12.3-inch Surface Pro 4 starts at $899
- Netflix now supports voice commands on Windows 10
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs