Accessories and Documentation
As part of the hardware, I took out this foam padded, plastic protected, steel back plate and the very small amount of thermal paste that BeQuiet offers. I did run into an issue with this back plate, but I will point that out in the installation section later in the review.
Here we have the AMD legs that mount to the base of the cooler with four screws. There is a wrench provided to hold onto the nuts that secure the cooler in place. This leaves us with the larger set of Intel mounting legs on the right side.
In this group of hardware, you are given the four countersunk screws to mount the legs to the base of the cooler, and the longer screws to the right are used through the back plate. The four large nuts in the bottom row are used to secure the cooler, and are what the wrench is for. In the middle, you have the four LGA2011 screws above C-clip spacers that also hold the back plate screws via the groove cut into the screw shanks.
The last four nut and screw combination pieces install over the screws from the back plate to secure the hardware, but the large nuts secure on top of the mounting legs and these screws to secure to cooler to the hardware.
The manual is straight forward and to the point with not much messing around. At the top they cover this cooler and how it fits on the various sockets via exploded diagrams. At the bottom of this page they then go into all of the Intel mounting sans the LGA2011 socket.
While the other installations for AMD and LGA2011 are all covered too, I also found this parts list in the manual so that you can verify you have everything you need to install the Shadow Rock 2.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to refresh Pascal GPU architecture in 2017
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- Here are some facts about Google for their 18th birthday
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now