Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The chart that is provided on BeQuiet's website covers quite a bit about this new Shadow Rock 2 CPU cooler. They start off with the overall dimensions, including the fan, and they show this cooler to be 147mm deep, 122mm wide, and it stands at 160mm in height. This cooler weighs in at 1120 grams to hang from the motherboard, but boasts 180W TDP support. Not only does this cooler fit all the latest sockets, and even those from way back, it shows that with the new quality fan they have used, there is only a 25dBA rating for this cooler.
Getting into it a bit deeper, you will find a fin array of aluminum fins, 51 of them in total, plus a thick aluminum top panel that displays the company name on it. The four copper heat pipes that are 8mm in diameter get soldered into the all copper base assembly to deliver the heat from the CPU to those fins. The base assembly is milled and then polished, and once that is completed, it is then Nickel plated, but the pipes remain in their natural state for this design.
The Silent Wings fan that ships with this cooler is a new design as well. They have moved to a Rifle bearing to support the fins. This leaves this 120mm fan the ability to spin at 1600 RPM, while offering the fins 51 CFM of air flow. This fan is powered with a 4-pin PWM connector, it should last 80,000 hours, but it also offers some solid static pressure with a rating of 1.4mmH20. So, while the RPMs and air flow are lessened compared to many others, the pressure produced should help to keep thermal results under control.
The Shadow Rock 2 was released on paper a month or so ago. In that time, there has been quite a variance in pricing being mentioned around the net. What I do know for sure is that the MSRP was set right around 40 for the other sides of the pond. I also know that eBuyer is showing them in their listing for £45. What I don't know for sure is if the cooler will arrive with a straight converted price point, or if it will follow the trend of other mainstream Shadow Rock coolers coming to our side of the pond in the $50 to $60 range. This is what I really believe to be the case for US buyers, and if anything, right out of the gate, the pricing is appealing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is basically a Note7 but cheaper
- Nintendo Switch gameplay graphics are subject to change
- Final Fantasy 15 could get co-op mode in the future
- Nintendo Switch comes to life - as a stuffed dog
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 4 new games next month
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage