Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The chart that is provided on BeQuiet's website covers quite a bit about this new Shadow Rock 2 CPU cooler. They start off with the overall dimensions, including the fan, and they show this cooler to be 147mm deep, 122mm wide, and it stands at 160mm in height. This cooler weighs in at 1120 grams to hang from the motherboard, but boasts 180W TDP support. Not only does this cooler fit all the latest sockets, and even those from way back, it shows that with the new quality fan they have used, there is only a 25dBA rating for this cooler.
Getting into it a bit deeper, you will find a fin array of aluminum fins, 51 of them in total, plus a thick aluminum top panel that displays the company name on it. The four copper heat pipes that are 8mm in diameter get soldered into the all copper base assembly to deliver the heat from the CPU to those fins. The base assembly is milled and then polished, and once that is completed, it is then Nickel plated, but the pipes remain in their natural state for this design.
The Silent Wings fan that ships with this cooler is a new design as well. They have moved to a Rifle bearing to support the fins. This leaves this 120mm fan the ability to spin at 1600 RPM, while offering the fins 51 CFM of air flow. This fan is powered with a 4-pin PWM connector, it should last 80,000 hours, but it also offers some solid static pressure with a rating of 1.4mmH20. So, while the RPMs and air flow are lessened compared to many others, the pressure produced should help to keep thermal results under control.
The Shadow Rock 2 was released on paper a month or so ago. In that time, there has been quite a variance in pricing being mentioned around the net. What I do know for sure is that the MSRP was set right around 40 for the other sides of the pond. I also know that eBuyer is showing them in their listing for £45. What I don't know for sure is if the cooler will arrive with a straight converted price point, or if it will follow the trend of other mainstream Shadow Rock coolers coming to our side of the pond in the $50 to $60 range. This is what I really believe to be the case for US buyers, and if anything, right out of the gate, the pricing is appealing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BeQuiet Shadow Rock 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS