Thermaltake does a great job of giving you what you need yet keeping it simple with their cables. There are no oddball cables with mixed connectors and all of the cables are of decent length. There are more than enough connectors of all types to make sure that you can use the full 850W available, except for the single EPS12V connector. It would be nice to see a second one available in case it is needed instead of needing it and not having it.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Just as we've seen with the Corsair units, the digitally controlled power supplies allow for significantly reduced component count. While things look rather bare on the inside, this also means there is less heat loss through components and thus better efficiency. This also means better airflow and cooling.
A single Nippon Chemi-con bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with more Chemi-con caps.
The Yate Loon D14BH-12 140mm fan provides the active cooling for the DPS-850.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- Another stupid human crashes Google's self-driving party
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now