Inside the Box
The power supply is protected by a full inch of foam on all sides of the power supply. If the power supply is damaged in shipping, it is going to have to be by someone who did it maliciously.
The top features the I/O specification label and serial number for the DPS-850. Here we can get a good view of the semi-gloss black finish on the power supply.
Both sides are the same on the power supply and the red stripe wraps around the both sides and the front of the unit to keep the power supply from being just another black box.
Flipping to the front of the unit, we find that all connectors are well labeled. Note that the USB connector is a standard style mini-USB. Unlike the Corsair units we've seen, there is no need for special cables or additional dongles. It just plugs directly into the headers on the motherboard.
Everything is quite standard on the back of the power supply with the honeycomb mesh grill with AC input and on/off rocker switch. I'm not a fan of the Thermaltake logo right in the middle, as it restricts airflow.
Taking a look at the bottom, we find a fan grill that is a bit different than what we've seen in the past. It is a welcome difference and helps with the unit's aesthetics quite a bit.
All of the modular cables are fully sleeved.
From left to right, Thermaltake includes the power cable, USB cable, rubber isolator mounts, zip ties, warranty pamphlet, mounting screws and user manual inside the box as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD