Inside the Box
The power supply is protected by a full inch of foam on all sides of the power supply. If the power supply is damaged in shipping, it is going to have to be by someone who did it maliciously.
The top features the I/O specification label and serial number for the DPS-850. Here we can get a good view of the semi-gloss black finish on the power supply.
Both sides are the same on the power supply and the red stripe wraps around the both sides and the front of the unit to keep the power supply from being just another black box.
Flipping to the front of the unit, we find that all connectors are well labeled. Note that the USB connector is a standard style mini-USB. Unlike the Corsair units we've seen, there is no need for special cables or additional dongles. It just plugs directly into the headers on the motherboard.
Everything is quite standard on the back of the power supply with the honeycomb mesh grill with AC input and on/off rocker switch. I'm not a fan of the Thermaltake logo right in the middle, as it restricts airflow.
Taking a look at the bottom, we find a fan grill that is a bit different than what we've seen in the past. It is a welcome difference and helps with the unit's aesthetics quite a bit.
All of the modular cables are fully sleeved.
From left to right, Thermaltake includes the power cable, USB cable, rubber isolator mounts, zip ties, warranty pamphlet, mounting screws and user manual inside the box as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China