Towards the end of last month, I was fortunate enough to get flown over to Hawaii by AMD to get a peek at its upcoming line up of video cards which launch today. It was my first time to the USA and my first time ever experiencing jet lag in such an extreme way. As much fun as the event was, if it wasn't for the fact that I had to sleep every opportunity I could, it would've been a lot more fun. Fortunately it is lesson learned and I'll personally be able to prepare myself better next time so a bit more fun could be had.
While we got a chance to look at a number of video cards that AMD will be launching in the coming weeks, it comes as no real surprise that we aren't seeing all of them. Releasing all models at the exact same time would really flood the internet with reviews and that would be overwhelming for the consumer. Instead, AMD will be drip feeding the samples over the coming weeks to spread it out as much as possible. Of course, they want coverage to last weeks, if not months, so they can constantly be seen.
We'll be starting off with the new R7 260X today, and being an AMD reference card, we don't have anything to talk about when it comes to the package. Instead we'll as always be getting stuck straight into the video card and cover the main specifications that are on offer, plus of course the main features.
The new series of AMD cards bring with it some really cool features with one of the major ones being AMD TrueAudio. We'll cover this a little on the next page, along with the major specifications that this particular model brings with it. With that all said and done, I think we can just move straight onto the card and see what exactly AMD is offering us today with the new R7 260X 2GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications