Test System and Thermal Results
I would first like to thank ASUS, InWin, Corsair and Fractal Design for supplying products for me to test with. To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
The loaded stock settings result shows the Assassin to be very efficient at this level of the testing. After a few runs and averaging of the temperatures, the GamerStorm Assassin delivered a 49.75C average.
While not the best performance on out charts, it does now take top honors amongst the air coolers we have tested, beating the NiC C5 by over two degrees. When we took this thermal reading, the 120mm fan was spinning at 820 RPM, and the 140mm fan topped out at 949 RPM with the PWM in control during this phase of testing.
This is where the Assassin earns its name. Not only is it capable of topping out air cooling results, from the testing we did, this is the first cooler to give me the same exact average of temperatures across all orientations of the chassis. Every test, the cores average was 70.5C, not only surpassing the best air cooler by more than two degrees, it also climbed into the ranks of the latest AIO coolers that we have tested - simply an impressive cooling solution.
Also, at this point of the testing, with 12V to the fans, the 120mm was running at 1197 RPM and the 140mm stopped at 1400 RPM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [GamerStorm Assassin CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup