Noise Level Results
Since the fans based out at 511 RPM when the PC is in its idle state, the noise level coming from them is almost negligible at this level. When the meter is set one foot from the exhaust fan, it left us with this reading of 29dB. As you can see, it doesn't take a genius to sort out the fact that with stronger fans and more noise, the Armageddon Blue Series cooler could actually perform with better thermal results, but since the idea is to provide a more silent solution, I think the thermals are really good for this level of noise.
Even with both fans spinning at their full potential, the 53dB rating we added to this chart is far superior to the NiC C5 I have been comparing it to all this time. Remember for every 10dB the noise raised, the inferred sound to the ear receives double the noise. So in more basic terms, the NiC C5 is more than twice as loud as this solution, and is half as loud as the stock Intel cooling solution. While not a chart topping offering for silence, the slight hum presented from this cooler is acceptable, especially once a chassis door helps block some of that noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers acquire eSports teams Dignitas, Apex
- Horizon: Zero Dawn's story will be 'hugely enjoyable'
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now