Noise Level Results
Since the fans based out at 511 RPM when the PC is in its idle state, the noise level coming from them is almost negligible at this level. When the meter is set one foot from the exhaust fan, it left us with this reading of 29dB. As you can see, it doesn't take a genius to sort out the fact that with stronger fans and more noise, the Armageddon Blue Series cooler could actually perform with better thermal results, but since the idea is to provide a more silent solution, I think the thermals are really good for this level of noise.
Even with both fans spinning at their full potential, the 53dB rating we added to this chart is far superior to the NiC C5 I have been comparing it to all this time. Remember for every 10dB the noise raised, the inferred sound to the ear receives double the noise. So in more basic terms, the NiC C5 is more than twice as loud as this solution, and is half as loud as the stock Intel cooling solution. While not a chart topping offering for silence, the slight hum presented from this cooler is acceptable, especially once a chassis door helps block some of that noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League adds cross-play between Xbox One, PC
- AT&T begins enforcing broadband caps, offers $30 waiver option
- Revolutionize your drive with the Automatic Connected Car Adapter
- DOTA 2 now second game to support Vulkan
- Nintendo's next-gen handheld called 'MH', will co-exist with NX?
- Error on GA-Z170X-Gaming 7, config HDD RAID w/M.2 boot drive
- OCZ RevoDrive 400 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac no display after resume
- H61M-DS2 Memory Problem
- A Case Idea
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition
- G.SKILL hosts OC World Record Stage and OC World Cup at Computex 2016, sponsored by Intel, Samsung, and NVIDIA
- Logitech announces Ultimate Ears Roll 2 speakers
- EK Waterblocks GeForce GTX 1080 block now available
- Crucial announces Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 SODIMMs