Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler
Fresh out of the packaging, we will start by looking at the broad side of this cooler. At the bottom there is a thick base assembly to hold the pipes that exit and twist into a completely different orientation than they start out with. They then pass through two sections of 44 fins to allow as much surface area to the pipes as they could allow and still keep the thin profile they designed this cooler for.
As you can see, the blue stripes we saw on the face of the fins also go around to the sides. You will also notice that all of the pipes are in alignment from this angle as you look through the fins, spreading them out to allow a fan to blow across each of them for the best chance of efficient dissipation.
I adjusted the angle to show the back of the cooler in a different light. You can now see the grooves and angles cut into these fins that allow pockets of air to build speed and get more of that air flow through the cooler rather than losing it out the sides of this design.
On the sides you can see that there are grooves down the length that will allow for wire fan clips, but they are also engineered to work with Prolimatech's own ArmaClip fan mounting system.
The top of the cooler is mostly black with 12 black caps running across the middle to cover the ends of the heat pipes. Around that there are two blue stripes that terminate in the middle to go along with the stripes found on the fin arrays.
From this angle you can see that the pipes weave in and out of each other as they reorient themselves into alignment to go through the fins. Also noticeable from here is that each of the aluminium fins are made of two sections, and with all the added fin supports, it makes for a very solid feeling cooler.
This angle shows some of the solder flowing out from around the heat pipes. You can also see some of the flux as it has reacted with the Nickel playing, but this is a much more efficient way to transfer heat over compressing the base plates with TIM around the pipes.
The base of the cooler is flat from long edge to long edge, with just a bit of deviation at the corners where they tend to roll away from the center height just slightly. Obviously the surface of the base has its semi-circular milling marks still left present to offer more surface area over a finely polished base.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Prolimatech Armageddon Blue Series CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER