Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The TS-669 Pro uses an Intel Atom dual-core processor running at 2.13GHz. The NAS ships from the factory with 1GB of DDR, but QNAP sells two add on RAM packages, one with a 1GB SO-DIMM and the other with a 2GB SO-DIMM. The TS-669 Pro can use up to 3GB total divided by two SO-DIMM slots.
The TS-669 Pro is a 6-bay system that can use either 3.5" or 2.5" form factor drives. Getting data to those drives comes from either two gigabit Ethernet ports, the USB copy function on the front of the NAS or the six other USB ports (2x USB 3.0). The TS-669 Pro also has two eSATA ports on the back for additional expansion.
Being the Pro model, this unit also has a front LCD display that allows you to setup the NAS or check the system settings. Speaking of displays, the HDMI port on the back of the NAS allow you to setup the ultimate media center.
Using Google Shopping we found the QNAP TS-669 Pro for as low as $969.99. This is right around $100 more than the display-less TS-669L that we reviewed previously.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyssey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99