We've turned this article into more than just a review of the QNAP TS-669 Pro. The new firmware changes the system, from the performance to the user experience. The new software makes configuring the NAS easier and adds even more features to an already exhaustive list. The increase in performance is nothing to over look either.
Starting with the new firmware, QTS 4.0.2 brings new features to an already feature-rich operating system. When we first tested the new software, we had out doubts, but after spending time with the final build, we think it's brilliant. The system setup is easier than ever before and adding additional features from the new packages menu is now just a few click process.
The new firmware also increases performance, something we've observed on three QNAP products in our lab so far. Over the last six months, some of the other NAS manufactures pulled away from QNAP when it came to performance, but that is no longer the case. QNAP is once again a competitor when it comes the performance crown.
The TS-669 Pro is the perfect unit to get the most out of the new firmware. With six drive bays, dual gigabit Ethernet ports and a plethora of I/O options including HDMI, the unit can take advantage of all the additional software features. The TS-669 Pro is designed for small business use, but it's powerful enough to reach into the next tier and packed with features that also makes it desirable for home users as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset