The Cable Summary looks a little more complicated than it really is. Corsair does a good job of providing cables and connectors with the RM850. For those that need it, there are two EPS12V connectors included. PCI-E connectors come in three cables with two connectors each giving you the ability to power three GPU's. SATA cables come in long and short varieties to reduce cable clutter.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find the first power supply that we've ever seen designed by Chicony Power Technology. They are a Taiwanese based manufacturer. Curiously enough, Chicony only makes the 750W and 850W RM power supplies. We'll certainly want to take a look at the other wattages to see how they compare.
A Nichicon bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch of Taicon caps. We've not seen Taicon capacitors before either, but even though they are Taiwanese made, they are also a division of Nichicon and are quality capacitors.
Cooling our RM850 is Corsair's NR135L 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD