Inside the Obsidian 750D
Looking inside the chassis for the first time, it is easier to get a sense of the layout I was describing earlier. Even with just a quick glance at this design, I can easily spot things that are going to make my life easier in the build process.
This side of the optical bay drive cage has three clips in place to allow for tool-free mounting of the drives. If desired, there is the option to be backed up with screws on both sides.
The front of the case comes with two 140mm fans, but also offers holes for 120mm fans. At the floor there is a pair of the HDD cages to store up to six 3.5" drives.
If you don't like them sitting side by side, there is also this manner of installing the cages. If there are no 3.5" drives in the build, you can also remove both cages and the plastic risers they are sitting on.
As I was about to get the image from inside of the chassis looking at the roof, I held up the corner of the top mesh to show that it will peel right off and will flex around any screw heads, while the magnetic strip keeps it in place around the edges.
Now looking at the roof from inside, found here is room for a pair of 140mm fans, or the option for three 120mm fans. The motherboard tray is also dropped sufficiently enough for thin radiators and fans to not cause issues with the motherboard.
Taking a glance at the motherboard tray, there are things like the large CPU cooler opening, grommets in the wiring holes, and the lack of the need to install standoffs all going for it to help speed the install up. For those looking for a tidy finished product, there is plenty of room and tie points for that.
The floor of the 750D offers a large area to the left for the PSU, but offers nothing as far as pads to sit on. The right side is most of the way cleared out; as I plan to remove the pair of pedestals as well as the cages I have already pulled out.
Here is the third and final 140mm fan that Corsair supplied inside of the 750D. Another thing to point out is that the nine ventilates slot covers use thumbscrews to keep them and expansion cards in place.
On the left side of the tray you can see four plastic racks, these will unclip. They come out to allow 2.5" drive installation, and then clip back into the steel frame. On the right, there is at minimum 20mm of room, and the door panel doesn't have to slide over the wiring to close, it shuts like a car door.
Outside of the three 3-pin power connection from the fans, this wiring is what you get. All blacked out, Corsair gives you the power, reset, HDD activity, power LED, native USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and HD Audio connection to make with the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup