Performance & Cameras Tests
Performance on the Galaxy S4 was a mixed bag for me. Again, the smartphone honeymoon period was really strong in this section. The Galaxy S4 on its first ten or so days of use felt super snappy, with everything popping open instantaneously.
After the two-week mark, things began to slow down. Remember, that I'm not flooding the Galaxy S4 with apps, I'm using my usual apps like Facebook, Gmail, Chrome, YouTube, etc. I'm not installing a bunch of games, or Spyware-infested apps. I'm a light, Google-based user.
The battery life also saw the smartphone honeymoon period engaged, where the first 7-10 days were great. I was getting full-day use out of the S4, where I'd take it off charge at 9-10am, use it on and off during the day for an average of 3-4 hours, and at 10pm I'd be on 30-40% charge. After 2-3 weeks, doing the same thing I did in the week's just past, at 10pm I was on 10-15% charge.
Again, I'm not thrashing the smartphone, I'm gauging it in real-world tests. I'm not running benchmarks on it, I leave all of that until last. The real-world testing is the unique thing I like to do compared to other websites, because it's not sterile. It's not a "here's a review, but I only used it for a week", my use is very real - I treated the S4 like it's my own for a month.
Let's move onto some images from the camera. Here are some examples of the quality of the camera:
And a few panoramic shots:
And now for some video samples:
Now let's get into some of those benchmark graphs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display & Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung reveals the Galaxy Note8 launch date
- LG Launches Q8, mini version of the V20
- Blizzard killing support for WinXP, Vista this October
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem mobile game rakes in $114 million
- New leak shows iPhone 8's fingerprint reader on the back
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4