Performance & Cameras Tests
Performance on the Galaxy S4 was a mixed bag for me. Again, the smartphone honeymoon period was really strong in this section. The Galaxy S4 on its first ten or so days of use felt super snappy, with everything popping open instantaneously.
After the two-week mark, things began to slow down. Remember, that I'm not flooding the Galaxy S4 with apps, I'm using my usual apps like Facebook, Gmail, Chrome, YouTube, etc. I'm not installing a bunch of games, or Spyware-infested apps. I'm a light, Google-based user.
The battery life also saw the smartphone honeymoon period engaged, where the first 7-10 days were great. I was getting full-day use out of the S4, where I'd take it off charge at 9-10am, use it on and off during the day for an average of 3-4 hours, and at 10pm I'd be on 30-40% charge. After 2-3 weeks, doing the same thing I did in the week's just past, at 10pm I was on 10-15% charge.
Again, I'm not thrashing the smartphone, I'm gauging it in real-world tests. I'm not running benchmarks on it, I leave all of that until last. The real-world testing is the unique thing I like to do compared to other websites, because it's not sterile. It's not a "here's a review, but I only used it for a week", my use is very real - I treated the S4 like it's my own for a month.
Let's move onto some images from the camera. Here are some examples of the quality of the camera:
And a few panoramic shots:
And now for some video samples:
Now let's get into some of those benchmark graphs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display & Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Learn everything Java with the Ultimate Java Bundle
- G.Skill announces two new Ripjaws mechanical keyboards
- G.SKILL stacks up a monstrous 128GB DDR4-3466 RAM in quad-channel demo
- Intel's next-gen Skylake-E processor will arrive in LGA 3647 socket
- OCZ displays RD400 series SSD for hardcore gamers, reads at 2.6GB/sec
- New router needed?
- ASUSTOR AS3204T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Intel "Broadwell-E" Core i7-6950X 10-Core Extreme Edition CPU Review
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- G.SKILL announces new RIPJAWS KM570 MX and KM770 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series