Performance & Cameras Tests
Performance on the Galaxy S4 was a mixed bag for me. Again, the smartphone honeymoon period was really strong in this section. The Galaxy S4 on its first ten or so days of use felt super snappy, with everything popping open instantaneously.
After the two-week mark, things began to slow down. Remember, that I'm not flooding the Galaxy S4 with apps, I'm using my usual apps like Facebook, Gmail, Chrome, YouTube, etc. I'm not installing a bunch of games, or Spyware-infested apps. I'm a light, Google-based user.
The battery life also saw the smartphone honeymoon period engaged, where the first 7-10 days were great. I was getting full-day use out of the S4, where I'd take it off charge at 9-10am, use it on and off during the day for an average of 3-4 hours, and at 10pm I'd be on 30-40% charge. After 2-3 weeks, doing the same thing I did in the week's just past, at 10pm I was on 10-15% charge.
Again, I'm not thrashing the smartphone, I'm gauging it in real-world tests. I'm not running benchmarks on it, I leave all of that until last. The real-world testing is the unique thing I like to do compared to other websites, because it's not sterile. It's not a "here's a review, but I only used it for a week", my use is very real - I treated the S4 like it's my own for a month.
Let's move onto some images from the camera. Here are some examples of the quality of the camera:
And a few panoramic shots:
And now for some video samples:
Now let's get into some of those benchmark graphs!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display & Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card