Overclocking of the ABIT AI7
It wouldn't be an ABIT motherboard without overclocking features. For all your overclocking features, you will find them under the Softmenu section of the BIOS. After all, ABIT pioneered its overclocking features under the Softmenu name, it's only fitting they continue it to this day.
Under this menu you will find all the features for overclocking. You have CPU Ratio control (locked if your CPU is multiplier locked) FSB/AGP/PCI bus, DRAM Ratio, CPU voltage, DRAM voltage, AGP voltage and AGP/CPI Ratio settings.
First off you have to change the CPU parameters to User Defined in order to open up your options, after this its all overclocking. First we see the FSB settings are selectable from 100MHz up to 350MHz in 1MHz increments. This gives a full range of settings, especially when you are running an 800MHz FSB CPU, now you aren't limited to 255MHz like some older ABIT motherboards were in the past with older BIOS.
CPU voltages are selectable up to 2.0v on the CPU core. This is a great range, but pushing over 1.8v will require you to have yourself a good cooling system such as water or peltier.
You can change your DRAM from 2.5v default up to 2.8v. While 3.2v would be nice like we saw on the IC7 MAX3 motherboard, 2.8v is enough to give a reasonable overclock.
AGP voltage can also be adjusted, though with today's motherboards there is little need with the AGP divider lock, none the less you can adjust you AGP from 1.5v up to 1.6v in 0.005 increments.
DRAM Ratios are selectable depending on your FSB. In any case the ratios are for 266MHz and 33MHz using 400 and 533MHz FSB CPUs. When running 800MHz FSB CPU's, you get 266, 333 and 400MHz for your memory. Also here you can lock your AGP/PCI dividers to 66MHz for AGP and 33MHz for the PCI bus.
We used our unlocked 3.2GHz Pentium 4 800FSB CPU and managed a FSB of 280MHz; this was the maximum obtainable that would continue to pass our tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT AI7 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 3 [Features]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003-11-21]
- ABIT AI7 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni