The newest addition to the LinkStation family offers great flexibility with a unit that comes in a plug-n-play form factor. This time around Buffalo came in focused on a high performance solution, and I must say they delivered, with the LinkStation coming in well above other SoC based NAS appliances in our charts.
In addition to the performance, the LinkStation offers an ample amount of durability. While most of the unit is built from plastic, it doesn't feel cheap, and I don't believe any corners were cut when manufacturing the unit.
From within the software, the LinkStation unit opens up a host of capabilities such as a DLNA media server, along with a web based cloud server for accessing your data on the go. This makes the LinkStation of the best plug and play solutions in my chart, especially if you don't want the hassle that can come with more expensive diskless units.
Pricing at this time for the 8TB LinkStation 420 is set at $599.99. Buffalo warranties the LinkStation 420 for a period of three years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance