Packaging and the LinkStation 420
The LinkStation 420 arrives with colorful box art, similar to what we have found with the DriveStation DDR, which we reviewed a few months back. Marketing on the front of the box mentions 80 MB/s performance, along with capabilities of the unit as NAS storage with its RAID 1 data protection.
Included with the LinkStation 420, we find a flat ethernet cable, power adapter, and user manual with software disk.
The Buffalo LinkStation 420 is similar in appearance to the DriveStation series. On the front, we have the power button.
On the back of the appliance, we have a single Gigabit ethernet port with a USB 2.0 available as well.
The front of the LinkStation 420, after removed shows the drives houses in the drive trays.
Our LinkStation included dual Seagate Desktop HDDs in the 4TB capacity.
Removing the casing from the LinkStation, we find the Marvell Armada 370 SoC next to 512MB of DRAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mad Catz lays off massive 37% of staff despite great Rockband 4 sales
- 6DoF is coming back with Overlord from Descent co-creators
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance