TerraMaster's second effort of the F2 NAS, now the F2 NAS 2, shows the company's ongoing effort to improve its products. Areas where the first design failed, this new model excels, and we are left with a complete product.
In the previous product, the NAS administration GUI was incomplete and lacked a ton of features. Now, with this new interface, we have the complete experience with features like iSCSI, MySQL and a rich volume management that really enriches the overall user experience.
Performance throughout testing was on par with expectations. Throughout most testing the F2 NAS 2 went back and forth with the Thecus N2560, but truly excelled in power consumption where the unit consumed just 21 watts at peak.
Pricing at this time for the 2-bay F2 NAS 2 as a diskless solution comes in at $199 with a one year warranty. Comparable products in the market include the TS-220 from QNAP and LinkStation 420 from Buffalo, both of which come in at or above the $199 price point from TerraMaster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook