TerraMaster's second effort of the F2 NAS, now the F2 NAS 2, shows the company's ongoing effort to improve its products. Areas where the first design failed, this new model excels, and we are left with a complete product.
In the previous product, the NAS administration GUI was incomplete and lacked a ton of features. Now, with this new interface, we have the complete experience with features like iSCSI, MySQL and a rich volume management that really enriches the overall user experience.
Performance throughout testing was on par with expectations. Throughout most testing the F2 NAS 2 went back and forth with the Thecus N2560, but truly excelled in power consumption where the unit consumed just 21 watts at peak.
Pricing at this time for the 2-bay F2 NAS 2 as a diskless solution comes in at $199 with a one year warranty. Comparable products in the market include the TS-220 from QNAP and LinkStation 420 from Buffalo, both of which come in at or above the $199 price point from TerraMaster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA rumored to unveil Volta-based GeForce tomorrow
- X299 AORUS Gaming 9 teased, ready for 12C/24T CPUs
- Nintendo to produce 18 million Switch consoles this year
- GIVEAWAY: Patriot Viper V570 Mouse and V370 RGB Headset
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017