Gigabyte's diversity for motherboard selections has paid off again. The KT600 may not be the fastest kid on the block, but its if by far the cheapest kid, and with its performance where it is, your smartest bet is to get yourself a KT600 based motherboard and the GA-7VT600-1394, on a budget, is bar none a great overall product.
Stability was beyond what we were expecting. We have noticed that VIA based chipsets in the past have been known for their instabilities with overclocking. Usually a Hard Disk will fail, sound cards will distort sound output or simply the entire system will corrupt after 2-3 days. With the KT600, we had none of these errors - by far we have a much improved chipset on our hands and VIA should be congratulated for the improvements.
Gigabyte has put all the power of the KT600 with a few bonus extras onto a motherboard that retails in the Australian market for around $150 AU (around $100 US). You can't go wrong on this budget.
Overall we enjoyed the overclocking and with an extremely low price, this is what earns Gigabyte a Best Value award for the GA-7VT600-1394 motherboard!
Could have used a smaller PCB to reduce costs even more
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sisoft Sandra 2004]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications