Gigabyte's diversity for motherboard selections has paid off again. The KT600 may not be the fastest kid on the block, but its if by far the cheapest kid, and with its performance where it is, your smartest bet is to get yourself a KT600 based motherboard and the GA-7VT600-1394, on a budget, is bar none a great overall product.
Stability was beyond what we were expecting. We have noticed that VIA based chipsets in the past have been known for their instabilities with overclocking. Usually a Hard Disk will fail, sound cards will distort sound output or simply the entire system will corrupt after 2-3 days. With the KT600, we had none of these errors - by far we have a much improved chipset on our hands and VIA should be congratulated for the improvements.
Gigabyte has put all the power of the KT600 with a few bonus extras onto a motherboard that retails in the Australian market for around $150 AU (around $100 US). You can't go wrong on this budget.
Overall we enjoyed the overclocking and with an extremely low price, this is what earns Gigabyte a Best Value award for the GA-7VT600-1394 motherboard!
Could have used a smaller PCB to reduce costs even more
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sisoft Sandra 2004]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017