Gigabyte's diversity for motherboard selections has paid off again. The KT600 may not be the fastest kid on the block, but its if by far the cheapest kid, and with its performance where it is, your smartest bet is to get yourself a KT600 based motherboard and the GA-7VT600-1394, on a budget, is bar none a great overall product.
Stability was beyond what we were expecting. We have noticed that VIA based chipsets in the past have been known for their instabilities with overclocking. Usually a Hard Disk will fail, sound cards will distort sound output or simply the entire system will corrupt after 2-3 days. With the KT600, we had none of these errors - by far we have a much improved chipset on our hands and VIA should be congratulated for the improvements.
Gigabyte has put all the power of the KT600 with a few bonus extras onto a motherboard that retails in the Australian market for around $150 AU (around $100 US). You can't go wrong on this budget.
Overall we enjoyed the overclocking and with an extremely low price, this is what earns Gigabyte a Best Value award for the GA-7VT600-1394 motherboard!
Could have used a smaller PCB to reduce costs even more
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Best Value Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 4 [Overclocking]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sisoft Sandra 2004]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte GA-7VT600-1394 - Page 14 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design