We like everything about this case other than the inner HDD trays that you need to remove from the front of the case to gain access to. The HDD system can only be called consumer-ish. It's not what you would expect from a rackmount system, but then again, this is a $89.99 rackmount case. Looking at other cases in this price range, we found none with easily accessible HDD bays and the others are not built to the same standards.
The RSV-L4000 is one of the nicest entry-level rackmount cases we've ever ran across. That said, I've owned cases that cost twice as much as the L4000 and were not as sturdy. Getting past the wonky drive bays, the rest of the case is very nice and best of all, it's quiet while keeping the components cool.
Sadly, Rosewill also doesn't include drive rails with any of the rackmount cases in the portfolio. Newegg lists the add-on kit for $39.99. If you install the case in a dense environment, you'll need the rail kit, which adds to the final cost.
Overall, the low price even after buying the rails trumps the drive bay shortcomings. If you want drive sleds right from the factory, then we recommend purchasing the RSV-L4411. If you want to add your own, several companies make tray-less cages that are great add-ons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood