We like everything about this case other than the inner HDD trays that you need to remove from the front of the case to gain access to. The HDD system can only be called consumer-ish. It's not what you would expect from a rackmount system, but then again, this is a $89.99 rackmount case. Looking at other cases in this price range, we found none with easily accessible HDD bays and the others are not built to the same standards.
The RSV-L4000 is one of the nicest entry-level rackmount cases we've ever ran across. That said, I've owned cases that cost twice as much as the L4000 and were not as sturdy. Getting past the wonky drive bays, the rest of the case is very nice and best of all, it's quiet while keeping the components cool.
Sadly, Rosewill also doesn't include drive rails with any of the rackmount cases in the portfolio. Newegg lists the add-on kit for $39.99. If you install the case in a dense environment, you'll need the rail kit, which adds to the final cost.
Overall, the low price even after buying the rails trumps the drive bay shortcomings. If you want drive sleds right from the factory, then we recommend purchasing the RSV-L4411. If you want to add your own, several companies make tray-less cages that are great add-ons.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now