Inside the Rosewill RSV-L4411
Here we get our first look inside the case. Three 120mm fans keep the drives cool and pull air into the motherboard area. Two 80mm fans exhaust air from the case, all of the fans are included. An aluminum crossbar across the top is to keep the case sturdy, but we didn't notice a difference with the bar removed. The case is built well and doesn't flex from its own weight.
The motherboard area gives us a lot of room to build a system. We tested both a single socket LGA2011 and a dual socket LGA2011 motherboard in the case.
The drive cages have four SATA data connectors and two Molex 4-pin power connectors. These are removable should you with to use different drive cages or run optical disk media players.
Here we see a close up of the SATA data and power connectors. My only complaint is the data cables aren't labeled so you will spend a little bit of time mapping the drives.
At the time of writing, we needed to test a Supermicro ATX motherboard with dual 10GbE Ethernet and onboard LSI SATA / SAS RAID. The case makes the full size motherboard look tiny, almost like a Mini-ITX motherboard in a regular consumer case.
Later we tested a GIGABYTE dual LGA2011 Xeon board in the case and it filled the case nicely. The motherboard tray extends all the way out to fit dual Xeon and dual Opteron motherboards, while still leaving a full three inches of space between the board and the drive cage fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new add-on merges trading cards with mobile games
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Western Digital introduces new 12TB and 14TB enterprise-class HDDs and SSDs
- Western Digital Corporation renews patent cross-license agreement with Samsung
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing