Inside the Rosewill RSV-L4411
Here we get our first look inside the case. Three 120mm fans keep the drives cool and pull air into the motherboard area. Two 80mm fans exhaust air from the case, all of the fans are included. An aluminum crossbar across the top is to keep the case sturdy, but we didn't notice a difference with the bar removed. The case is built well and doesn't flex from its own weight.
The motherboard area gives us a lot of room to build a system. We tested both a single socket LGA2011 and a dual socket LGA2011 motherboard in the case.
The drive cages have four SATA data connectors and two Molex 4-pin power connectors. These are removable should you with to use different drive cages or run optical disk media players.
Here we see a close up of the SATA data and power connectors. My only complaint is the data cables aren't labeled so you will spend a little bit of time mapping the drives.
At the time of writing, we needed to test a Supermicro ATX motherboard with dual 10GbE Ethernet and onboard LSI SATA / SAS RAID. The case makes the full size motherboard look tiny, almost like a Mini-ITX motherboard in a regular consumer case.
Later we tested a GIGABYTE dual LGA2011 Xeon board in the case and it filled the case nicely. The motherboard tray extends all the way out to fit dual Xeon and dual Opteron motherboards, while still leaving a full three inches of space between the board and the drive cage fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives