Inside the Rosewill RSV-L4411
Here we get our first look inside the case. Three 120mm fans keep the drives cool and pull air into the motherboard area. Two 80mm fans exhaust air from the case, all of the fans are included. An aluminum crossbar across the top is to keep the case sturdy, but we didn't notice a difference with the bar removed. The case is built well and doesn't flex from its own weight.
The motherboard area gives us a lot of room to build a system. We tested both a single socket LGA2011 and a dual socket LGA2011 motherboard in the case.
The drive cages have four SATA data connectors and two Molex 4-pin power connectors. These are removable should you with to use different drive cages or run optical disk media players.
Here we see a close up of the SATA data and power connectors. My only complaint is the data cables aren't labeled so you will spend a little bit of time mapping the drives.
At the time of writing, we needed to test a Supermicro ATX motherboard with dual 10GbE Ethernet and onboard LSI SATA / SAS RAID. The case makes the full size motherboard look tiny, almost like a Mini-ITX motherboard in a regular consumer case.
Later we tested a GIGABYTE dual LGA2011 Xeon board in the case and it filled the case nicely. The motherboard tray extends all the way out to fit dual Xeon and dual Opteron motherboards, while still leaving a full three inches of space between the board and the drive cage fans.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- HTC Vive preferred by more VR developers than the Rift
- 'Suicide Squad' creator blasts film critics
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- Asus Zenbook pro ux501vw touchscreen?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller