Our load tests utilize a couple of FAST ATE active load testers and a variety of other equipment such as an oscilloscope, power conditioner, temperature probe and a power consumption meter. You can read more about our standard testing approach here.
The tests performed are based around six conceivable setups that are out there and progressively load down the PSU up to the power supply's limits or 1000W, whichever comes first. Since our test equipment's limits are equal to that of the Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W power supply, we can test it to the maximum.
The above tests represent typical loads that we have measured from various systems and are meant to give a rough idea of where your computer might fall in line with our tests. Please keep in mind that each system is different and actual loads can vary greatly even with similar hardware.
Let's start by taking a look at the voltages to see how well this unit did during testing. Starting with the 12V rail, we see 1% regulation from start to finish with a total drop of .07V. The 5V rail managed to stay within 1% of specification with a total drop of .02V from start to finish. Moving towards the 3.3V rail, we see that regulation was within 1% of specification with a total voltage drop of .03V.
DC Output quality for the Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W was amazing and well within specifications. During Test 1, we saw 5 mV of noise on our scope. When we increased the loads in Test 3, the ripple climbed to 8mV at around half load. During Test 6 under a load of 1000W, the oscilloscope showed a maximum of 14V on noise on the 12V rail.
The Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. This means that the power supply must perform at 90%/92%/89% efficiency at 20%/50%/100% loads respectively. As you can see, the Leadex Platinum 1000W passed on our bench, and wasn't close to failing at any point.
After going through all of the motions that I do with any PSU review, the Leadex Platinum 1000W is one of the few power supplies that I've ever reviewed that simply left me speechless on where to start and how on earth I was going to find something wrong with it. It really is that good of a power supply, and that's simply the best way to put it.
Externally, the Leaded Platinum is just about everything you'd want. If anything, it may be a bit too white and the lack of a switch to turn off the LED's on the cables might turn a few off. Aside from that, the Leaded Platinum is gorgeous and will look great no matter what your build is. The drawback to some will be that it is somewhat of a longer unit and I do not know why Super Flower chose to go with a longer housing as the PCB is much shorter than the housing.
The performance of the Leadex Platinum 1000W is what really set's it over the top. The voltage regulation is simply amazing, with all three rails showing within 1% or less of specification. On top of that, the 5V rail may just be the most stable rail of any power supply that we've ever seen. The icing on the cake has to be the noise suppression, though. I had to zoom in quite a bit on the scope to make sure that there was even any ripple present and I even had to get out another power supply to test with to make sure it was functioning properly. When something performs so well that it makes you think your test equipment is faulty, you've got a sure sign that something is simply going to be badass with no exceptions.
Being that I'm still left a little speechless, I realize I've already said what needs to be said to wrap things up. The Super Flower Leadex 1000W power supply is just badass. There's no way around it. I simply want to know when it will be available in the USA so that I can recommend it over and over again to all my friends, family and clients that need an awesome 1000W PSU unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- MSI shows off new gaming notebooks powered by Intel Skylake
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015