The Toshiba 1TB SSHD
Our review sample of the 1TB Toshiba SSHD was delivered in bare drive form. Firmware is listed as revision AA10/AUF02A with a manufacture date of June 21st 2013. Further down the capacity is listed at 1TB with 8455MB of NAND flash.
The back of the drive houses a teal colored PCB with the standard SATA connections.
The SATA power and data connections are placed in position for wide compatibility.
With our scale, we were able to weigh the Toshiba SSHD at 3.91 ounces, just 0.91 more than the smaller 500GB capacity drive.
With our Starrett 799, we found the Toshiba SSHD to measure in at 9.25mm.
Looking at the PCB, we find 32MB of DRAM cache manufactured by Winbond. In addition to this, the Marvell 9317 controls the platter portion of the SSHD, while the LAMD FSP controls the 8GB of Toshiba NAND, which is positioned at the bottom left.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Toshiba 1TB SSHD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'xXx 4' is a go, with Vin Diesel to return
- Major flaw found in Intel CPUs and HT, needs BIOS fix
- Apple talks about designing the touchscreen for iPhone
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller