Taking a look above, you can see the components that are being used in our test system setup today. Before we get into the overclocking side of things, we will cover the boards that you'll see in our graphs here today.
From the Intel Z87 side of things, we've got the Z87 GD65-Gaming, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. Along with that we've also got the Super Micro C7Z87-OCE, ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and GIGABTYE Z87X-OC to round things off for that chipset. Along with these boards we've also got the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and X79 based GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi.
Heading into the BIOS and straight to the OC section, we moved our multiplier up to 50x and adjusted the voltages accordingly. We got into Windows with no problem, but like every board before, we were unable to have the system running stable with MediaEspresso crashing.
With an even 5GHz not being an option, we headed back into the BIOS and moved down to the 49x multiplier. We again got into Windows with no problem and started to run MediaEspresso. This time we were able to complete the run with no issue.
Heading back into the BIOS one more time, we hoped that we could adjust the BCLK slightly. As usual, though, we continued to run into problems with the system being unstable whenever we adjust the BCLK. With our BCLK staying at 100 and our multiplier at 49x, you can see above that we end up with a final clock speed of 4900.57 MHz or 4.9GHz, as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google to punish mobile sites with intrusive advertising
- Battlefield 1 Premium includes just four expansions
- 3 apps all PC owners need to protect their data
- VR On The Lot event in Hollywood includes X-Men director
- Divinity Original Sin 2 hits early access next month
- Are LianLi case fans any good?
- GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Really hot idle temps on X99 Extreme 4/3.1
- Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V
- Z77x-D3h issue with windows 10 fast start up feature
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller
- Cooler Master announces the MasterMouse Pro L