Taking a look above, you can see the components that are being used in our test system setup today. Before we get into the overclocking side of things, we will cover the boards that you'll see in our graphs here today.
From the Intel Z87 side of things, we've got the Z87 GD65-Gaming, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked speeds. Along with that we've also got the Super Micro C7Z87-OCE, ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and GIGABTYE Z87X-OC to round things off for that chipset. Along with these boards we've also got the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and X79 based GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi.
Heading into the BIOS and straight to the OC section, we moved our multiplier up to 50x and adjusted the voltages accordingly. We got into Windows with no problem, but like every board before, we were unable to have the system running stable with MediaEspresso crashing.
With an even 5GHz not being an option, we headed back into the BIOS and moved down to the 49x multiplier. We again got into Windows with no problem and started to run MediaEspresso. This time we were able to complete the run with no issue.
Heading back into the BIOS one more time, we hoped that we could adjust the BCLK slightly. As usual, though, we continued to run into problems with the system being unstable whenever we adjust the BCLK. With our BCLK staying at 100 and our multiplier at 49x, you can see above that we end up with a final clock speed of 4900.57 MHz or 4.9GHz, as shown in our graphs here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 835 VR dev kit program
- Qualcomm and Leap Motion: use real life hands in VR
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording