8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The WD Re delivers an average of 177 IOPS at QD256, falling to the bottom of the test pool.
The average 8K random write speed of the WD Re is 219 IOPS at QD256. The HGST HDD measures a lower 211 IOPS at QD256. The Seagate Enterprise Capacity V.6 averages 199 IOPS, followed by the Toshiba MG03ACA400 at 196 IOPS. Once again, the WD Re wins in the heavy random write workload.
The WD Re provides middling performance in the mixed read/write testing, with a tendency to score very high in the light mixed workloads.
The WD Re is very consistent, with 99.58% of I/O's (65,124) at 100-200ms, and 272 I/O's (.41%) at 200-400ms.
Power consumption for the WD Re averages 11.83 Watts during the test period.
The WD Re averages 17.84 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 14.49 IOPS per Watt for 8K random read access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni