8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The WD Re delivers an average of 177 IOPS at QD256, falling to the bottom of the test pool.
The average 8K random write speed of the WD Re is 219 IOPS at QD256. The HGST HDD measures a lower 211 IOPS at QD256. The Seagate Enterprise Capacity V.6 averages 199 IOPS, followed by the Toshiba MG03ACA400 at 196 IOPS. Once again, the WD Re wins in the heavy random write workload.
The WD Re provides middling performance in the mixed read/write testing, with a tendency to score very high in the light mixed workloads.
The WD Re is very consistent, with 99.58% of I/O's (65,124) at 100-200ms, and 272 I/O's (.41%) at 200-400ms.
Power consumption for the WD Re averages 11.83 Watts during the test period.
The WD Re averages 17.84 IOPS per Watt in 8K random write, and 14.49 IOPS per Watt for 8K random read access.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Interview with Boba Fett from ANHSE, an animation mastermind
- Michael Fassbender compares Assassin's Creed movie with The Matrix
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance