WD Re 4TB Internals
The WD Re comes in a standard 3.5 form factor. The components on the bottom of the HDD PCB are faced inward to avoid damage, and also allow the components to shed heat into the case of the HDD.
Removing the PCB reveals the foam pad used to dampen vibration during use. We also observe the dual thermal pads used for the drive controller and motor controller on the base of the HDD.
The NANYA chip is a 64MB DDR2 component for caching. A controller to control the drive motor resides to the upper left, and a Marvell 88i9346-TFJ2 dual-core drive controller dominates the lower right of the PCB.
The small angled components marked SK1 and SK4 are multi-axis accelerometers that allow the drive to detect vibration and shock, and compensate accordingly. There is an additional sensor to the upper right of the PCB (out of view in this shot).
The Re version we are testing today features a 6Gb/s SATA connection, and there are also SAS versions available as we mentioned earlier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel