WD Re 4TB Internals
The WD Re comes in a standard 3.5 form factor. The components on the bottom of the HDD PCB are faced inward to avoid damage, and also allow the components to shed heat into the case of the HDD.
Removing the PCB reveals the foam pad used to dampen vibration during use. We also observe the dual thermal pads used for the drive controller and motor controller on the base of the HDD.
The NANYA chip is a 64MB DDR2 component for caching. A controller to control the drive motor resides to the upper left, and a Marvell 88i9346-TFJ2 dual-core drive controller dominates the lower right of the PCB.
The small angled components marked SK1 and SK4 are multi-axis accelerometers that allow the drive to detect vibration and shock, and compensate accordingly. There is an additional sensor to the upper right of the PCB (out of view in this shot).
The Re version we are testing today features a 6Gb/s SATA connection, and there are also SAS versions available as we mentioned earlier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications