WD Re 4TB Internals
The WD Re comes in a standard 3.5 form factor. The components on the bottom of the HDD PCB are faced inward to avoid damage, and also allow the components to shed heat into the case of the HDD.
Removing the PCB reveals the foam pad used to dampen vibration during use. We also observe the dual thermal pads used for the drive controller and motor controller on the base of the HDD.
The NANYA chip is a 64MB DDR2 component for caching. A controller to control the drive motor resides to the upper left, and a Marvell 88i9346-TFJ2 dual-core drive controller dominates the lower right of the PCB.
The small angled components marked SK1 and SK4 are multi-axis accelerometers that allow the drive to detect vibration and shock, and compensate accordingly. There is an additional sensor to the upper right of the PCB (out of view in this shot).
The Re version we are testing today features a 6Gb/s SATA connection, and there are also SAS versions available as we mentioned earlier.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20