The cable selection differs very little from what the 800W model had to offer. The only difference is that there is an additional medium length SATA cable included with the 1000W power supply. It is still a great selection of cables and where as we felt the 800W model shouldn't have had a second PCI-E cable natively wired, it is certainly warranted with the 1000W model.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
As expected, the internal build is almost identical to that of the 800W model with plenty of passive cooling, yet enough free space to allow the active cooling to work well.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with many Teapo and a single Nippon Chemi-Con cap. The back of the box specifies 100% Japanese construction, however our model doesn't have that. We had the same issue with our Newton R3 800W review sample. We also received our Newton R3 1000W model sample before this issue was discovered.
Fractal Design officially responded when we brought it to their attention then and they have taken steps to resolve the problem. Fractal Design has no intention of misleading their customers and it is simply a mistake that they owned up to, took full responsibility for, and resolved. Kudos to them for doing so.
Fractal Design uses their own 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Newton R3 1000W power supply and as stated before, it is rubber mounted to help reduce noise from vibrations. It will also only start spinning when the unit gets hot enough to warrant its operation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- FBI demanded Scandinavian countries extradite Snowden if he visited
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20