Inside the Box
The PowerX series of power supplies certainly have some no frills packaging. Aside from the bubble wrap, little protects the unit from the outside world.
The top is a blank slate and shows the black finish on half of the power supply.
This side gives us the I/O specification label and the beautiful red/orange metallic color in high gloss that covers the rest of the unit.
This side of the power supply features nothing more than the Cougar logo.
The other side is inverted and features Cougar logo.
Flipping things to the back we find nothing more than the standard honeycomb mesh grill with AC input and on/off rocker switch.
The front presents is rather bland, but it does have a few vent holes for excess heat.
Normally I try to take a picture straight down, but I wanted to make sure I captured how the color changes depending on the angle and I think this is a very good representation of just how red and orange the unit can be at the same time. Present here is the 120mm fan that cools the PowerX 500W PSU.
Included with the PowerX 500W is an AC input cord, four zip ties, mounting screws and user manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZTE's dual-camera Blade V8 Pro is now on sale for $230
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup