8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E nudges the Intel out for second place with an average of 40,788 IOPS at QD256, while the Intel DC S3500 achieves 39,413 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E falls slightly below the older 500, but exhibits a much tighter performance envelope. The average speed of the 1000E is 14,630 IOPS, well above the Seagate and Intel offerings.
The CloudSpeed 1000E provides resilience to heavier write workloads in our testing.
The 1000E delivers a very tight latency range, with 80.3% of I/O's (3,515,397) at 10-20ms, and 19.5% in the 20-40ms range.
Power consumption for the 1000E averages 4.36 Watts during the measurement window. While this is higher than the other SSDs, it provides higher performance, reflected in the IOPS to Watts testing.
The CloudSpeed 1000E averages 3,333 IOPS per Watt, an improvement over the 500, and higher than the competing SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood