8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E nudges the Intel out for second place with an average of 40,788 IOPS at QD256, while the Intel DC S3500 achieves 39,413 IOPS.
The average 8K random write speed of the CloudSpeed 1000E falls slightly below the older 500, but exhibits a much tighter performance envelope. The average speed of the 1000E is 14,630 IOPS, well above the Seagate and Intel offerings.
The CloudSpeed 1000E provides resilience to heavier write workloads in our testing.
The 1000E delivers a very tight latency range, with 80.3% of I/O's (3,515,397) at 10-20ms, and 19.5% in the 20-40ms range.
Power consumption for the 1000E averages 4.36 Watts during the measurement window. While this is higher than the other SSDs, it provides higher performance, reflected in the IOPS to Watts testing.
The CloudSpeed 1000E averages 3,333 IOPS per Watt, an improvement over the 500, and higher than the competing SSDs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- The Force has truly awoken, with a $2b haul worldwide
- AMD's enthusiast Polaris GPU teased, could be priced at $1700
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance