The Build and Finished Product
I went ahead and removed the front bezel just to give you a better sense of what is going on back there. When I removed the bezel, I noticed the latch to be able to remove the lower ventilated section of the bezel. This allows you to be able to easily clean the filter along with the pair from the floor of the chassis.
Once I completed the build, I wanted to show off both the drive and the removable section of the dust filter. Technically you do have full access to the fan screws to install a radiator in the front, but I would still pull the bezel to give yourself some working room.
I did opt to install an air cooling based system to see how well the system cools as it is shipped from Phanteks. You may also notice that the HIS video card makes it so I had to remove both the steel plate and the plastic trim piece to allow it to fit correctly. I also really like that all you have to see is the main components, the rest of the system is hidden from view, even without the door on the chassis.
Around the back of the chassis everything fits well, there are no issues with the chassis warping. I tried both PSU mounting positions, and they both have no issues accepting a PSU there.
Since Phanteks goes through all the trouble to pre-wire the chassis, who am I to think I can do better? All I did was to loosen the ties and run my PSU wiring aright along with what is already there. There are also no issues with spacing here, as there is at a minimum 35mm of space.
Once the chassis is all back together, nothing has changed externally, well except for the view through the large window on the dies. I like this about cases, where everything is hidden, but I do need to bring up that the door on the front swings the wrong way.
Powering up the Primo there is also a blue trim line of LED that runs down the front and across the top, more of that Level 10-like styling to the design. Also at this point, I cannot hear the chassis running even with the five additional fans included with the chassis on top of my build components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Enthoo Primo]
- Page 6 [Inside the Enthoo Primo Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla founder deletes his tweet that hinted towards 'Model Y' vehicle
- Halo 5 will have a 'much more sociable' story thanks to 4-player co-op
- Pepsi launching 'Back to the Future II' bottle design
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio
- GUITAR HERO LIVE PITS JAMES FRANCO AGAINST LENNY KRAVITZ IN AN EPIC ROCK BATTLE WITH THE PREMIERE OF THE 'WIN THE CROWD' LIVE-ACTION TRAILER