Inside the Enthoo Primo
With one glance inside the chassis, it is obvious that it is as unique as the outside is. Take a moment to absorb this compartmentalized design as I take you through and point out all of the offerings and show you just how well thought out this design really is.
Near the top, but set down far enough to make sure a radiator and fans will fit above them, you have the five tool-free clips that will hold in the 5.25" devices. There is also the option to install heavier things like reservoir pump combination units in with screws for added security.
Where I would typically expect to be seeing a stack of hard drive bays, all you see from this side of the chassis is the large steel panel with a Phanteks plate that sort of reminds me of the InWin plates found in the D-Frame.
The motherboard tray has plenty of room for anything up to an SSI EEB, offers plenty of wiring options, and additional places to tie the PSU wiring to. On the right there is a reservoir installation piece that covers the motherboard wiring as well. This will conflict with longer air cooled video cards, and is removable to work on, or to leave room for the expansion cards - the choice is yours.
Below the motherboard tray there is a shelf to block the view of the PSU that goes in behind it, a modders dream in my opinion, as everyone covers them anyways. There are two holes to pass wires through and room on the floor for this 140mm fan and two other friends, or if you remove the hard drive section, you can set a quad radiator in here as well.
In the back of the chassis you can opt for this 140mm fan or use a 120mm radiator and fan if you want to. Next to the seven expansion slots that use thumbscrews for mounting, that vented area is another place to put a shorter reservoir.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the Enthoo Primo]
- Page 6 [Inside the Enthoo Primo Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20